Life is short. We all know that. We all choose to spend our time on Earth in different ways.
I don’t want to just HAVE things. I want to DO things.
In light of this new year, here is my 2013 Adventures-To-Be Wish List. Hopefully, I can check off as many of these as possible, given money and work limitations of course!
- Bike the Drive, 30 miles (CHICAGO)
- Sun May 26, $90
- Start: 5:30-7:30am / End: 10:15am
- Ride of Silence (CHICAGO)
- Wed May 15, $0
- Horsey Hundred (KENTUCKY)
- May 24-26
- 10,000 metre T-Shirt Ride (MICHIGAN)
- 25k, 50k, 100k options, $17
- Sunrise Bicycle Tour (MICHIGAN)
- June 14-16
- 20-60 miles/day options ($300, base price)
- The Preservation Pedal (KENTUCKY)
- Michigander (MICHIGAN)
- Sat July 13-Fri July 19
- 6-, 7-day options ($228, $784, $854 for two people, base price)
- Women on Wheels (MICHIGAN)
- DALMAC, 286-40 4miles (MICHIGAN)
- Wed Aug 28-Sun Sept 1
- 4- or 5-day option ($476-516 for registration and jerseys)
- Shoreline West Bicycle Tour (MICHIGAN)
- Aug 4-10
- 3- or 7-day options ($490, base price)
- Cherry-Roubaix; Saturday, August 11 (MICHIGAN)
Sometime This Summer…!
If you have suggestions, please leave a comment!
In particular, I’m looking for places that offer:
- Cool and fun bike rides (especially things like bike riding through Shark Valley)
- Cool and fun hikes (ideally they are dog friendly!)
- Where/ways to see the stars at night. I’ve lived in city areas my whole life. I want to see this:
Note. All prices have been calculated given OUR situation and what WE want. The prices vary by whether you a member of the sponsoring team, early registration, and package options! “Base price” is my phrase for just the registration cost, and indicates that there will be more costs (e.g., lodging/camping, food, t-shirts, jerseys)