Welcome to my blog! If you’re just now checking me out, these are the posts that I recommended you read:
I’m not unique in that I love to laugh. I don’t like slapstick comedy, and anything making fun of certain groups of people (e.g., women, racial minorities) are unacceptable in my book. But what I do like are weird, off-the-wall jokes and sarcasm. Here are the posts that made me laugh while I was writing, and seemed to make others laugh too:
- Don’t let those spam comments go to waste
- Well. It’s time to sell the dog, and it’s all thanks to Sip, Clip, and Go!
- Yup. She’s a Screamer.
Thoughtful and Reflective
Here are some of my more thoughtful and reflective pieces. Most are related to cycling, but not always.
- Pink bikes, teenage angst, and the shrinking people: Reflecting on my emerging cyclist identity
- Awkward silence and the politics of keeping cyclists safe
- You perpetuate oppression if you call yourself “Anti-Oppressive”
Challenges — Inspiration for YOUR next blog posts
Here are some posts where I write about something funny, interesting, or thoughtful…but then include a specific challenge for you to do in your next blog posts. So far, it’s been really interesting to see what others do!
- My first bike: Not what I remembered
- Black walnuts, a chipmunk, and a flat tire: How to make a bike ride memorable
Bike Stuff Organization & Storage
Hate clutter? Bike stuff tossed about everywhere? Yeah, that’s how we were until we undertook a major project to sort that out.
- RIP Office: Make way for the bike room (“before” pictures and thoughts)
- Updates and progress — the “in-between” blog posts: (one) (two) (three)
- The completed project! The organization and set-up, as well as the bike art and fun things.
There may be some cross posting here, because I did my best to make product reviews funny and informative. But it also seemed to warrant its own category.
- (Coffee) Well. It’s time to sell the dog, and it’s all thanks to Sip, Clip, and Go!
- (Airborne Skyhawk MTB) Yup. She’s a Screamer
- (Reflective Harness) Monkeysee Reflective Harness